Incredibly easy, low-carb Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower that turns out perfectly crispy in an air fryer or oven. Served hot or cold, this healthy version of fried cauliflower is full of flavor and one recipe you’ll be making over and over again!
Delicious Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
I’ve jumped on the cauliflower band wagon and now can’t get enough of this amazing Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower recipe! If you have never liked cauliflower before, then this is the first recipe you should try. With only 50 calories per serving, it’s worth every spicy bite!
In our home, we love all things spicy, especially Buffalo sauce. I think my son goes through a bottle a week! This healthy version of fried cauliflower is up there with my favorite Buffalo chicken dip. As I’m trying to get my family to eat more vegetables, this Roasted Cauliflower has definitely been a hit.
For example, right after taking photos of this recipe, I handed a cup full to my husband. He said “Is this cauliflower? No thanks!” I convinced him to try it and he ate the whole cup! Believe me… it’s good!
Why is Cauliflower so Popular?
Cauliflower is the hot new vegetable. I’m seeing it everywhere recently bought some tasty cauliflower sandwich thins to replace bread. Seeing it everywhere got me wondering why is it so popular? Basically, it comes down to the fact that cauliflower has a similar texture to potatoes, but without all the carbs. With so many people on specific diets such as Keto and limiting carbs, cauliflower become the new potato!
It also has almost as much vitamin C as oranges, plus high in fiber and water, which are important for preventing constipation, maintaining a healthy digestive tract, and lowering the risk of colon cancer.
Air Fried Cauliflower
With all of the great health benefits of cauliflower, I had to come up with a recipe for my air fryer. You don’t need an air fryer for this recipe as I have both the oven and air fryer recipe for you. But it’s so much quicker in the air fryer, that it might make you want to run out and buy one! We use our air fryer so much that I need a second one and I’m dying to get this 8 qt extra large air fryer soon.
How to Choose the Best Fresh Cauliflower
When choosing fresh cauliflower, know that it should have a firm head with no dark spots and bright green leaves attached to the stem. You can store it in the refrigerator in a plastic bag for up to 5 days.
How Should You Serve Roasted Cauliflower?
This Buffalo roasted cauliflower is delicious both cold or hot. Serve it as an appetizer with blue cheese dipping sauce, a side dish with your dinner, loaded in a sandwich or make as a snack when you are craving something savory.
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower Recipe for the Air Fryer or Oven
I hope you enjoy this tasty recipe as much as I do!
Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower | Air Fryer and Oven Recipe
Easy low-carb Buffalo Roasted Cauliflower that turns out perfectly crispy in an air fryer or oven. This healthy version of fried cauliflower is full of flavor and a recipe you’ll love to make over and over again!
- 5 cups cauliflower, chopped ((1 medium head))
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt ((add more to taste))
- 1 tablespoon white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon Buffalo wing sauce (for serving)
- In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, sauce, olive oil, garlic powder
- salt and flour. Toss until sauce coats all of the cauliflower.
Air Fryer Directions
- Spray the air fryer grill with cooking spray and add cauliflower.
- Set air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for 15 minutes. At 7 minutes toss cauliflower.
- Cook a few minutes longer if you prefer charred and crispy bites.
- After removing from air fryer, toss with a tablespoon of warmed sauce and serve.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Coat a baking pan with olive oil or cooking spray and spread cauliflower on pan evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Tossing at the 15 minute mark so each side gets crispy.
- After removing from oven, toss with a tablespoon of warmed sauce and serve.
You might also love these amazing recipes:
- Low-Carb Lemon Basil Salmon Foil Bake
- Instant Pot Frozen Chicken Breast
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Cheese Balls