This make-ahead Swiss and Ham Overnight Breakfast Strata is an easy breakfast or brunch recipe that will save you time in the kitchen. Your guests and family will love this gourmet version of a ham casserole!
Easy Overnight Breakfast Strata Recipe!
This delicious make-ahead Swiss and Ham Overnight Breakfast Strata will save you time in the kitchen. When I have guests or hosting a brunch, I love any kind of overnight breakfast recipes!
With the coming of Easter, comes the promise of sunshine, warmth, flowers, growth, and renewal. It’s no wonder many people look forward to this joyous holiday and make plans to gather with family and friends. No need to fuss over a ham in the oven on Easter morning.
Make this delicious Swiss and ham overnight breakfast strata recipe the night before and pop it into the oven an hour before your gathering starts. Guests will love this gourmet version of a ham casserole and won’t miss the big Easter ham. Easy overnight breakfast recipes are life savers too!
Make your holiday simpler with these tips for a delicious Easter menu!
This simple Easter menu will come together with ease and will delight your guests. The make-ahead Swiss and ham strata will especially impress because the combination of ham, gourmet cheeses, bread, and spinach are irresistible. Add a couple of simple side dishes, such as a spring mix salad, and you’ll be free and clear of the kitchen. Don’t forget some fun decorations and enjoy the time spent with friends and family. Maybe you’ll even find a few hidden eggs of your own!
Easter Brunch Menu Ideas
If you happen to be the Easter brunch host or hostess this year, why not make things simpler and easier with a delicious Easter menu that will delight your guests? A few simple shortcuts will take you out of the kitchen and into the celebration.
- Orange juice or mimosas served in cheerful glassware.
- Spring salad mix tossed with a berry vinaigrette. Here are some of my favorite salad recipes.
- Assorted muffins and pastries. Check out this simple Chocolate Braid Puff Pastry recipe!
- Make-ahead Swiss and ham strata (recipe below).
- Keep it simple! Arrange your serving platters on a table or counter over a springtime tablecloth. Set out plenty of plates and silverware and the guests can serve themselves, buffet style. See some beautiful napkin folding tips and table decorations here.
- Don’t forget to decorate with cute Free Easter Printables!
Swiss and Ham Overnight Breakfast Strata
This make-ahead Swiss and Ham Strata is an easy overnight breakfast strata recipe that will save you time in the kitchen. Your guests and family will love this gourmet version of a ham casserole!
- 2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 ½ lbs ham (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 10 oz frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 loaf French bread (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 ½ cup skim milk
- 9 eggs
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the two cheeses and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add butter and onions. Sauté until onions soften and become translucent.
- Add the cubed ham, frozen spinach, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Grease a 3 quart baking dish with butter and spread one third of the bread on the bottom.
Add about a third of the ham mixture to the top of the bread cubes. Sprinkle a third of the cheese over the ham. Repeat the layers two more times.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the strata.
- At this point, you can cover the dish with plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator overnight. When ready to bake the strata, preheat the oven to 375°F. Bake, uncovered, for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
You might also enjoy these recipes!
More quick breakfast recipes to try:
- Overnight Oats
- Breakfast Egg Rolls
- Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- Overnight Monkey Bread
- Freezer Breakfast Quesadilla