This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Friday is movie night at our house. And it’s becoming a production. It starts with takeout—we rotate who gets to pick (because mediating the inevitable disagreement between two kiddos does not make for a happy Mama) and then we pile up on my bed and watch a movie (also picked by the lucky “featured” family member that week.)
My son has already picked out our movie for this week…
When we saw this in theaters it inspired MANY sing-and-dance performances by my children for the following weeks.
I’m expecting their love of this show and the songs to evolve into downright obsession.
This movie was so sweet and so fun and warmed my mom heart so much with its messages—be brave, be yourself, never give up—it’s the trifecta of inspirational stories!
I guess I’m pretty excited for Friday night too.
You can pick up your copy of the Sing Special Edition and giggle through three new mini movies and a bunch of musical extras. For the love of pete, this movie has over 65 songs in it! Plus a new song by Stevie Wonder (featuring Ariana Grande.)
You can also win a copy from us at the end of this post!
Since my kids are so pumped, I’m going to up the ante on our Friday movie night tradition and break out a special snack.
I’m calling them Buster’s Moon Pie Muddy Buddies, in honor of our favorite koala/theater owner/musical visionary, Buster Moon, and my favorite chocolate marshmallow combo.
And since I don’t want my kids to start the movie without me, this snack has to come together quick.
BUSTER MOON PIE MUDDY BUDDIES
- 8 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 ¾ cups chocolate chips
- ⅔ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Combine Rice Chex, Golden Grahams cereal, and mini marshmallows in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, combine 1 ¼ cups chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter. Microwave for 1 minute and then stir until it is nice and smooth. (Microwave 15-30 seconds longer if needed to get a smooth consistency.)
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal and marshmallows, stirring to coat.
- You’ll have to do the next steps in two batches…
- Place half of the mixture in a gallon Ziploc bag with 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- Toss bag to coat mixture with powdered sugar.
- Remove coated muddy buddies from the bag, and repeat steps 6 and 7 with the remaining mixture.
- Allow mixture to cool. Or eat immediately with both hands.
We’re giving you a chance to win a copy of the SING Special Edition Blu-ray (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital HD) for your home theater collection! To enter, just leave a comment below. Say “hello” and we’ll pick one random comment as the winner on Friday, March 31st at 5:00 PM.
*Prizing courtesy of Universal Pictures Home Entertainment