Easy lemon cookies recipe with homemade lemon frosting. Soft and fluffy lemon crinkle cake mix cookies! Easy Lemon Cookies Recipe Not only are these Lemon Cookies the best ever, but perfect to get you in the mood for spring and summer! Enjoy these delicious soft and fluffy cake mix lemon cookies recipe. I love lemon! […]
Easy recipe for Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken that makes a quick and delicious dinner for busy nights!
Tender and Juicy Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken!
With school in full force, it’s time to think about what to make for dinner and this amazing Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken should definitely be on your recipe list! I’m seriously obsessed with making Instant Pot dinners and I know your family will love today’s new recipe.
We had such a great summer as you can see in my photos on Instagram. It’s hard to believe school has started. It’s even harder to believe that I have one child who started middle school and another in high school! It seems like yesterday they were just starting kindergarten.
After dropping off my son for his first year of high school I flashed forward in my mind to dropping him off at college. Eeek! I’m so not ready for them to grow up.
The next photo was taken during our incredible trip to Scotland. They are my world and I just love them to pieces!
I want to enjoy as much time I can with my kids, so I’m excited to start back to a routine of cooking family dinners. We traveled and ate out pretty much all summer, so it’s taking me a while to get back into meal planning.
With this girl on a new all-star competitive cheer team, life starting to get very busy! The first thing I thought to do was get out my Instant Pot to make dinners easier. I tried making Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken and the recipe was a huge hit with even my super picky son!
These sweet 11 year olds have been neighbors and close friends since they were three years old! I’m excited after all of these years of going to the same school, they finally have classes together.
You’d think her mom and I would talk about what is happening in middle school with them, but no… all we can discuss is how much our Instant Pot has changed our lives. NO JOKE! ha! We love coming up with new Instant Pot recipe ideas and I can’t wait to share a bunch on the blog this year.
Today, I hope you enjoy this easy and super tender Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken recipe!
How to make Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
What you’ll need:
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt and fresh ground pepper
3 tablespoons minced garlic (about 8 cloves) This sounds like a lot, but it’s not a strong garlic taste at all.
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
1 large lemon
1/4 cup white wine
- Turn your Instant Pot on sauté and while waiting for it to heat and the “hot” button to show, brush both sides of the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot and sauté on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. This will seal in the juices and keep it tender!
- When the chicken is golden brown on both sides, remove from Instant Pot.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, oregano and thyme. Sauté and stir for 1 minute.
- Add wine and broth, then squeeze the juice from the lemon and stir.
- Place the chicken back into the Instant Pot, lock the lid, make sure the steam valve is closed. Push the poultry button and set it to cook for 15 minutes.
- When done, release the pressure then remove your Instant Pot lid. Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve this Instant Pot lemon garlic chicken with a salad, rice or your favorite pasta.
I like to toss pasta in butter and spoon the juices from wine, broth and chicken over the pasta.
I hope your family enjoys this chicken as much as mine. Good luck with the new school season!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (about 6-8 cloves)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced thyme
- 1 large lemon
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Turn your Instant Pot on sauté and while waiting for it to heat and the "hot" button to show, brush the chicken breasts on both sides with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot and sauté on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- When chicken is golden brown on both sides, remove from Instant Pot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the minced garlic, oregano and thyme. Sauté and stir for 1 minute.
- Add wine and broth, then squeeze the juice from the lemon and stir.
- Place chicken back into Instant Pot, lock the lid, make sure the steam valve is closed. Push the poultry button and set it to cook for 15 minutes.
- When done, release the pressure, then remove your Instant Pot lid. Let stand for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve this Instant Pot lemon garlic chicken with a salad, rice or your favorite pasta. Toss pasta with butter and spoon the juices from the wine, broth and chicken over the pasta.
Here’s more great Instant Pot Recipes…
You might also enjoy these recipes:
- 60 Amazing Slow Cooker Dinner ideas
- Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- Parmesan Chicken Foil Packets
- Chicken and Spinach Enchiladas
- Garlic Chicken Stir Fry
Are you ready for something with a little ZING?! How about these easy-as-pie lemon cookies from cake mix? And because we’re hopelessly devoted to chocolate in all of it’s glorious iterations, we’ve added creamy white chocolate chips to the mix.
Of course lemon fans will tell you that this bright flavor is welcome all year round, but Spring seems to be a really fantastic time to break out of the heavy flavors of winter baking. The sun is out! We’re flirting with flip-flop weather! Our kids have come inside with cheeks that are a wee bit too rosy since we didn’t realize it was time to double down on the sunscreen. (Sorry kids!)
Next time baking supplies are on sale at the grocery store, we highly suggest stockpiling some cake mix cookie supplies. You just never know when you’re going to want a little after-school snack. Every day is a good day for lemon cookies from cake mix!
Here’s how to tackle this ridiculously easy recipe.
Easy Lemon Cookies from Cake Mix
1 box lemon cake mix
2 eggs beaten
5 Tbsp melted butter
2 cups white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix together all ingredients and spread into a greased 9×13 pan.
3. Bake for 20 minutes.
Now while these cake mix cookies are pretty freaking amazing, as-is, you could get buck wild and give them nice schmear of cream cheese frosting (a fantastic recipe can be found here). Maybe some sprinkles.
I’m a sprinkles kinda girl.
This recipe holds up marvelously to using a cookie cutter to cut the baked cookie into fun shapes.
What kiddo wouldn’t be happy to get sunshiney cookie in the shape of a heart or dinosaur?!
Lemon not your thing? FEAR NOT! Because cake mix cookies are 100% my thing. So here are a few other varieties that I think you should give some SERIOUS thought to putting on your To Bake list, ASAP.
This delicious whipped lemon trifle recipe is a simple layered dessert you can whip up in no time! Impress your lemon lover friends with a easy to make treat made with layers of pound cake, fruit and a lemon filling mixture of yogurt, whipped cream and pudding.
A Lemon Trifle Filled with Layers of Goodness
This lemon trifle citrus dessert is sweet with just the right amount of tartness. It’s made with my favorite three ingredient lemon dip and so delicious! Whether you layer this dessert with raspberries, strawberries or blueberries, it will be a crowd favorite. This easy to make lemon trifle calls for only a few ingredients and can be served within minutes!
Not only is this a fantastic recipe for lemon lovers, it’s the perfect treat to serve when unexpected guests show up at your door. I love the photos that Pamela styled for us with this recipe. They make you want to dip your spoon into the dish right away! I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
Originally Published April 10, 2017
Easy Lemon Dip Filling
The filling for this lemon trifle is actually a popular Living Locurto recipe! Easy Lemon Dip is light and fluffy and has just the right amount of lemon flavor. It’s mouth watering and oh so delicious!
Here is what you need for these Lemon Trifles:
- Non-fat Greek yogurt
- Cool Whip
- Instant lemon pudding
- Angel food cake or pound cake
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries
- Lemons for garnish
- Trifle bowl
Serve it up in a large trifle serving bowl, which not only shows off the gorgeous layers, but will also feed a large crowd.
I love making individual serving trifles for parties with mason jars, stemless wine glasses, plastic cups or mini trifle bowls pictured here.
I love making this recipe with raspberries and strawberries because the red fruit really pops along side of the yellow lemon filling. And of course they create the perfect amount of tartness with the sweet lemon filling!
Bake your own pound cake or buy one already made from your grocery store. I like to buy cake, because I usually need a homemade dessert last-minute. Use angel food cake for our lemon trifle if you want something lighter and low-carbs.
How to make a Whipped Lemon Trifle
Step 1: Whip up a batch of easy lemon dip and placed it in a gallon sized zipper bag.
Step 2: Cut cake into bit size pieces.
Step 3: Rinse and pat dry raspberries.
Step 4: Place a layer of cake pieces in bottom of serving bowl.
Step 5: Cut the corner off of the lemon filling bag and pipe a generous amount over first layer of cake.
Step 6: Add a single layer of raspberries on top of the lemon filling layer.
Step 7: Repeat until dish is full, ending with raspberries.
Step 8: Decorate dish with a lemon slice (optional)
Keep refrigerated or eat immediately.
This dessert would be perfect for holidays, potluck parties, bridal and baby showers. Substitute the raspberries with blueberries, blackberries or strawberries as they would all taste delicious with this sweet lemon filling!
Everyone will want to try this luscious lemon trifle treat!
Print this Easy Whipped Lemon Trifle Recipe
A simple whipped lemon trifle recipe layered dessert you can whip up in no time! Made with layers of pound cake, raspberries and a delicious lemon filling. Omit cake for low-carb dessert.
- 2 5.3 oz ounce container non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 8 ounce containers non-fat Cool Whip
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 pound cake cubed
- 3-4 cups fresh fruit (strawberries or raspberries)
- 2-3 Lemons sliced for garnish
- In a large bowl, mix yogurt, Cool Whip and pudding mix until completely combined.
- Add lemon mixture to gallon sized zipper bags and chill.
- Slice pound cake into cubes and place a layer of cake pieces on the bottom of serving dish.
- Cut the corner off of the lemon filled bag and pipe a generous amount over first layer of cake.
- Add a single layer of raspberries or strawberries on top of the Lemon Dip.
- Repeat until dish is full, ending with fruit.
- Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Decorate dish with a lemon slice before serving.
For a lighter version, use angle food cake.
If baking your own pound cake, here is a good recipe to try.
If you have leftover lemon filling, use it for fruit dip!
Did you make this? Share it on Instagram with the hashtag #LivingLocurto.
You might also like these delicious Fruit and Lemon desserts!
With only three ingredients, you can whip up this creamy Lemon Dip in minutes! Easy Lemon Dip Recipe This easy lemon dip is a simple and delicious dessert everyone will love! Who else is ready for summer? I don’t know about you, but I love making lemon dip and any kind of lemon desserts for summer parties. […]
Mother’s Day is coming soon and that means it’s time to celebrate all of the fantastic mothers in your life! I’m excited to team up with a few friends to bring you some amazing DIY Mother’s Day Gift Ideas, along with a fun giveaway you’re going to love!!
A homemade gift is a perfect way to show someone how much you appreciate them. I love using essential oils around my home to help with various health issues, as well as enjoying a sweet smelling home, but I’m also addicted to making all kinds of goodies with my oils!
Lemon Sugar Scrub & Free Printables
I hope you enjoy our recipe for Lemon Sugar Scrub and Free Printable Mother’s Day Tags. This vibrantly scented sugar scrub is perfect to smooth, soften, cleanse and exfoliate skin.
The post Homemade Lemon Sugar Scrub | Mother’s Day Free Printables appeared first on Living Locurto.