Cozy up at home this Christmas with a delicious cup of Irish Apple Cider and be transported to the lush Ireland countryside in the new film Wild Mountain Thyme. If you love whiskey, this is the perfect drink for you! Whether you choose to make this classic Irish recipe hot or cold, be ready for […]
Adorable Giraffe Cake Dessert Board to celebrate the film Dolittle in theaters this Friday, January 17! Learn how to make this cute no-bake cake and dessert board. It makes the perfect snack! Sponsored by Universal Pictures Easy Giraffe Cake Dessert Board The new film Dolittle is in theaters this weekend and it looks like a […]
Easy no bake Abominable Yeti Donuts inspired by the #1 Original Animated Movie of the Year. Sponsored by Universal Pictures Home Entertainment Easy Abominable Yeti Donuts This holiday season, you’ll definitely want to cozy up with Abominable, the #1 Original Animated Movie of the Year! The move is now on Digital, and available on Blu-ray […]
Serving this easy Spider-Man Candy Popcorn recipe made with sour cherry candy will make you the hero of the party! A fun snack for a birthday party or movie night at home with your family. Sponsored by Conagra Spider-man Candy Popcorn Make this easy Spider-Man Candy Popcorn recipe and you’ll be the hero of your […]
Easy recipe for Wonder Park Porcupine Cupcakes. Learn how to turn a lovable movie character into a sweet dessert. Fun party food idea!
Sponsored by Paramount Pictures
Wonder Park Porcupine Cupcakes
If you like porcupines and cupcakes, then today is your day! Wonder Park, in theaters March 15, tells the story of a magnificent amusement park where the imagination of a wildly creative girl named June comes alive.
We’re so excited to see this movie! After watching the trailer and seeing all of the movie characters, Steve the porcupine made me laugh out loud. I immediately imagined him as a cupcake. So true to the imagination theme of film, I’m excited to show you how to make these funny Wonder Park Porcupine Cupcakes!
Meet Steve from Wonder Park
Steve is Wonder Park’s safety officer. I can only imagine what it will be like having a porcupine as the safety officer. I’m guessing lots of laughs! What do you think of him as a cupcake? I think he’s pretty sharp myself!
Watch the clip all about Steve below. Then I’ll show you how to turn him into porcupine cupcakes!
How to Make Steve the Porcupine Cupcakes
I haven’t seen many porcupine cupcakes on the internet, so what you see came straight out of my imagination. Steve is very simple… just a big pink nose and large teeth. Having a bunch of these Wonder Park porcupine cupcakes on a dessert table will really wow your party guests!
First, bake or buy your favorite cupcakes. Now frost your cupcakes with white frosting. Want a good recipe? These fluffy white cake and frosting recipe is amazing!
Spray the top of each cupcake with silver food coloring mist and set aside.
Wonder Park Porcupine Face
What you’ll need for Porcupine cupcake faces:
- Mini Marshmallows
- Pink Candy Melts
- Pink and Black Edible Markers
- Toothpicks and Scissors
Make the porcupine nose by using a toothpick to carve two nostrils on the bottom half of a pink candy melt. Color the nostrils with a pink edible marker so they stand out.
With a sharp knife, slice a mini marshmallow in half and trim the top of each half off so it looks like a smile shape. Outline a tooth onto the marshmallow mouth with a black edible marker. Now color the rest of the mouth black.
Easy Porcupine Quills
Once you have Steve’s mouth and noses made, you’re ready to decorate your porcupine cupcakes! Cookies and cream Pocky candy are perfect for his quills!
Begin by inserting a few pocky candy pieces into the top of the cupcake. Break some in half to make various sizes of needles. Use 10-15 pocky pieces per cupcake. I used three 2.47 oz boxes to make six cupcakes.
Gently place a pink nose onto a cupcake, then add his marshmallow mouth and push into the icing well.
Cute Porcupine Cupcakes!
Didn’t Steve turn out cute? I hope you enjoyed this easy porcupine cupcake tutorial. Go see Wonder Park in theaters March 15! Visit WonderParkMovie.com to get your tickets now!
Easy recipe for Wonder Park Porcupine Cupcakes. Learn how to turn a lovable movie character into a sweet dessert. Fun party food idea!
- 12 Vanilla Cupcakes with White Frosting
- 1 can Silver Food Color Spray
- 1/2 cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1/2 cup Pink Candy Melts
- 1 Pink Edible Marker
- 1 Black Edible Marker
- 6 2.47 oz boxes Cookies and Cream Pocky Candy
- Frost your cupcakes with white frosting.
- Spray the top of each cupcake with sliver food coloring mist and set aside.
- Make the porcupine nose by using a toothpick to carve two nostrils on the bottom half of a pink candy melt.
- Color the nostrils with a pink edible marker. Repeat until you have 12 noses.
- With a sharp knife, slice a mini marshmallow in half and trim the top of each half off so it looks like a smile shape.
- Outline a tooth onto the marshmallow mouth with a black edible marker. Color the rest of the mouth black. Repeat until you have 12 mouths.
Begin decorating the cupcakes by inserting a few pocky candy pieces into the top of the cupcake. Break some in half to make various sizes of needles. Use 10-15 pocky pieces per cupcake.
- Gently place a pink nose onto a cupcake.
- Add his marshmallow mouth and push into the icing well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watch the Wonder Park trailer below…
You’ll love this easy How To Train Your Dragon Cake tutorial! Learn how to make a delicious white cake recipe for a Night Fury or Light Fury dragon cake. A perfect cake for a birthday party or special occasion.
Sponsored by Universal Pictures
The Cutest How To Train Your Dragon Cake Recipes!
Looking for a fun How to Train Your Dragon Cake for a birthday party or other special celebration? Then you’re going to love how easy these dragon cakes are to make with this fluffy white cake and buttercream frosting recipe!
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World will be in theaters February 22 and I’m excited to share how I easily turned Toothless, the Night Fury dragon and his new friend, Light Fury, into adorable cakes. Make one cake or both, either way they’ll turn out to be the cutest cakes for any party!
How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World
If you’ve never seen these films, be sure to get caught up the first two, because they are super cute! In How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World , Hiccup is the Viking chief and ruler of Berk. He created a gloriously chaotic dragon utopia along with his fearsome Night Fury dragon, Toothless.
When the sudden appearance of female Light Fury coincides with the darkest threat their village has ever faced, Hiccup and Toothless must leave the only home they’ve known and journey to a hidden world thought only to exist in myth.
How To Train Your Dragon Cake Tutorial
The secret to making a How to Train Your Dragon cake is to use my printables! I spent a long time designing printables that would work just right for a small cake. I wanted to turn both dragons into cakes, so I used 5″ round cake pans. Click here for a 5″ round cake pan.
For these printables to work perfectly, I suggest a 5″-6″ cake pan. You can make one cake, but they sure look cute when you have both the white and black dragons together!
How To Make Dragon Cake Printables
First, download and print these dragon cake printables in the link below (scroll down). Once you have printed and cut them out, start by hot gluing 1/2 inch cut paper straws onto the back of the eyes.
I used toothpicks to attach the other dragon parts into my cake.
IMPORTANT: When the paper touches the buttercream frosting, it can make the paper greasy. When inserting your printables into the cake, try leaving a gap between the paper and the cake if possible. I suggest not adding the printables until right before you are ready to serve the cake.
Toothless is black, so if the frosting touches the black paper, you can’t see any residue. Isn’t he cute?
I love how pretty the Light Fury cake turned out!
Make sure your printables do not touch the white dragon cake, because you will have some of the frosting soak into the white paper. My fluffy white cake recipe is perfect for this dragon!
I hope you enjoy these adorable How To Train Your Dragon cake tutorials!
Scroll down to print the White Cake and White Buttercream Frosting recipes. Be sure to go see How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World!
Download the How to Train Your Dragon Cake Printables
Each printable design is meant to be used on a three layered 5″ round cake. A 6″ round cake will work fine as well. Click here for a 5″ round cake pan.
CLICK HERE to Download the How to Train Your Dragon Cake Printables.
How to Train Your Dragon White Cake Recipe
Easy How To Train Your Dragon Cake tutorial. Fluffy white cake recipe for a Night Fury or Light Fury dragon cake. A perfect birthday party cake!
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 egg whites (room temperature)
- 1 entire egg (room temperature)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
White Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 teaspoons clear vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Black food gel (if making Night Fury)
White Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and line three 5” or 6” inch cake pans with parchment paper. (I used 5 inch for my dragon cakes)
- Whisk the eggs, milk, and almond extract together in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a mixer, gently combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together.
- Add butter and mix on low until you get a crumbly texture.
- Add the liquid mixture a small portion at a time and mix until light and fluffy.
- Pour the batter evenly into each cake pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. You don’t want to over bake! Check at 15-20 minutes to test if it’s done by placing a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Let the cake cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pans.
- In a mixer, cream the butter until it is smooth for about 3 minutes.
- Add the confectioner’s sugar 1/2 a cup at a time then mix another minute.
Add vanilla, a pinch of salt and milk until frosting has reached the preferred consistency.
- If making the Night Fury cake, mix in black food gel a few drops at a time until you get the desired color.
Assembling the Cake
- Make the top of the cakes even by using a serrated knife and cutting the cake top to level the surface.
- Place bottom cake layer on a cake turntable or cake board and spread frosting to the top. Repeat until entire cake is assembled.
- Complete frosting the cake by adding one thin layer all over and placing cake into the refrigerator for 10 minutes. Then add the final layer of frosting.
Add the How to Train Your Dragon printables into the cake as shown for the dragon.
*This recipe is for 1 cake. Double the cake recipe to make two cakes.
If you prefer to use a cake mix: Use 2 cake mix boxes for one three layer cake.
IMPORTANT: When paper touches the buttercream frosting, it can make the paper greasy. When inserting your printables into the cake, try leaving a gap between the paper and the cake if possible. I suggest not adding the printables until right before you are ready to display or serve the cake.
This simple Baked Chicken Greek Salad with Avocado is a perfect dish to share when watching Mamma Mia! Here we Go Again, now available to own on Digital and available on Blu-ray October 23. A juicy baked chicken recipe and fresh avocado slices loaded onto a homemade Greek salad is an irresistible low carb meal packed with flavor!
The Best Baked Chicken Greek Salad with Avocado!
This post is in partnership with Universal Pictures Home Entertainment
Greek food and ABBA are two of my favorite things! When I was asked if I wanted to share a recipe to help celebrate the Worldwide Phenomenon and Sing-Along event of the year, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Sing-Along Edition, I said of course!
Make plans for a Mamma Mia movie night in soon with this amazing recipe for Baked Chicken Greek Salad with Avocado. First of all, this baked chicken is super moist, easy to make and perfect for a healthy Greek Salad. Second, you’ll want to be sure to serve it up while watching Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, which is on digital now and on Blu-ray & DVD Oct 23.
Seriously, this easy baked chicken greek salad is drool worthy don’t you think? I could eat this everyday!!
Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
As soon as this movie came out in the theaters, I was there! Now that it’s on digital, I’m even more excited to watch it again, so I can sing along at home. LOL! If you haven’t seen this cute movie yet, it’s a must! It’s so fun to return to the magical Greek island of Kalokairi with this musical full of ABBA songs.
The original cast returns and I love that Cher makes an appearance! The guys are my favorite though, because I have a crush on Colin Firth. I dream of living on a Greek island running around singing ABBA songs! When I visited Greece, that’s kind of what I did. LOL! Get the film here.
Easy Baked Chicken Greek Salad
Since I don’t live on a Greek island, this yummy Baked Chicken Greek Salad will have to do for now. It’s a twist on the traditional Greek salad. I made a homemade balsamic vinaigrette dressing and added avocado. It’s full of flavor and very easy to whip up for dinner or party.
Romaine lettuce tossed with fresh cucumbers, tomatoes, avocado, yellow peppers, olives, red onion and feta cheese makes the most amazing salad! I love the rainbow of colors.
You don’t have to add chicken to your salad, but it makes more of a hearty meal. This baked chicken recipe is my go-to meal for perfectly moist chicken every time!
First, I marinade the chicken in the dressing, then brown each side over the stove and finally bake in the oven.
More Delicious Baked Chicken Recipes:
- Honey Lime Baked Chicken Breasts
- Baked Chicken Nachos
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken
- Low Carb Oven Baked Chicken Pesto Rolls
Adding this delicious baked chicken to your Greek salad is the best and looks beautiful!
Before serving, I will pour some of my homemade dressing over the chicken to give it a glossy, even more appetizing look. People will go crazy when they see this dish!
Head out to the store to get your ingredients for making this salad and don’t miss the Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again Sing-Along Edition, now available on Digital, and on Blu-ray & DVD Oct 23.
Baked Chicken Greek Salad Recipe
Baked Chicken Greek Salad with Avocado
Juicy baked chicken and fresh avocado slices loaded onto a homemade Greek salad is an irresistible low carb recipe packed with flavor!
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups romaine lettuce leaves (chopped)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (halved and sliced)
- 2 small tomatoes (cut into wedges)
- 1/2 yellow pepper (chopped)
- 1/2 red onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives (sliced)
- 1/2 lemon
- Fresh ground pepper
- In a bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar and mustard together.
- Slowly add the olive oil and blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to an air tight container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Add 2 tablespoons of dressing and chicken breasts to a large zipper bag or bowl and toss together.
- Lightly coat a baking dish or skillet that is oven and stovetop safe with cooking spray and place the chicken breasts into the dish.
- Brown the chicken breasts over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until cooked all the way through (meat thermometer should read 165°). If your dish is not oven safe, place chicken into a casserole baking dish before putting in the oven.?Remove from oven, cover the dish with foil for 5 minutes to let the chicken rest before slicing for the salad.
- While the chicken is baking, fill a large bowl with romaine lettuce.
- Combine the avocado, cucumber, tomatoes, yellow pepper, onion, Feta and olives.
- Squeeze the juice from a lemon wedge over the vegetables.
- Add the sliced chicken and sprinkle with fresh pepper to taste.
- Drizzle a tablespoon of dressing over the chicken.
- Serve this baked chicken greek salad with dressing on the side.
More Amazing Greek Recipes:
- Easy Traditional Greek Salad
- Low Carb Greek Tzatziki Dip
- Greek Chicken Pasta Salad
- Greek Chicken Skewers and Orzo Pasta Salad
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels
- Quick & Easy Spanakopita Recipe
Easy baked chicken nachos recipe! These sheet pan nachos with chicken loaded with your favorite toppings make the perfect quick dinner or party snack! Make it a girls’ night in with the hilarious film Book Club.
Best Baked Chicken Nachos for a Girls’ Night In with Book Club
In partnership with Paramount Pictures
When you need a quick meal, sheet pan baked chicken nachos are the best! I watched Book Club on my last plane ride and had to control myself, because I kept laughing out loud! I mean… really LOUD. ha!! After enjoying the film so much, I couldn’t wait to come home to watch it again with my girlfriends. Book Club is such a cute movie and is now available to download on iTunes and will be on Blu-ray August 28th.
Baked Chicken Nachos Recipe + Girls’ Night In = Fun!
To make your girl’s night in complete, I’m sharing my favorite recipe for Baked Chicken Nachos! This sheet pan recipe is fabulous for dinner as well.
Have you seen this film yet? It features four Hollywood icons together on screen! Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen and Mary Steenburgen. They get together to discuss the latest book they’re reading, but end up talking about so much more! They inspire each other to make their next chapter the best chapter.
I love the theme that it’s never too late to live your life to the fullest! Download the film on iTunes and make plans to watch it at home this weekend. The release includes hilarious bonus content, like the making of the film, deleted scenes, and more.
When hosting a girls’ night in, these baked chicken nachos are super simple! Buy some ready-made rotisserie chicken at your local grocery store and you’ll have a tasty snack to eat in minutes. Feel free to change the nacho toppings to whatever you prefer. The fun part is making and eating them!
Because you have a delicious quick and easy recipe idea, now is the time to call up your friends, open a bottle of wine and get ready to laugh out loud!
TIP: The most time consuming part of these baked chicken nachos recipe is dicing the vegetables and cooking the beans. Prepare everything the night before your girls’ night. Then when you’re ready to bake your chicken nachos, all you have to do is layer everything and pop them into the oven.
Above all, I hope you enjoy Book Club and these baked chicken nachos as much as I do! Head over to iTunes and download it today.
How to Make Easy Sheet Pan Chicken Nachos
Baked Chicken Nachos
Easy baked chicken nachos! These sheet pan baked nachos with chicken loaded with your favorite toppings make the perfect quick and easy dinner recipe or party snack!
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained (1 can)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 green pepper (diced)
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounce bag of tortilla chips
- 1 cup pepper Jack cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/4 cup green onions (diced)
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (minced)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1/3 cup jalapeño pepper slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a large skillet add olive oil and sauté the black beans, garlic, cumin and chili powder in the oil for 2 minutes or until heated through. Toss diced peppers with the bean mixture and cook for another minute.
- In a bowl, toss the shredded chicken, lime juice, salt and pepper together.
Spray a 13×9-in. baking dish with cooking spray and layer half of the tortilla chips, pepper and bean mixture, chicken, cheese (leave some for the top), tomatoes and onions.
- Repeat the layers and sprinkle the top with a thin layer of cheese and cilantro.
Bake, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cheese has melted. Serve with sour cream and jalapeño peppers.
The post Baked Chicken Nachos for Girls’ Night In with Book Club appeared first on Living Locurto.
Are you living your best life? Ask these questions to help keep you on the path to living the life you’ve always wanted. Plus, enjoy the Life of the Party movie premiere red carpet recap where I felt like I was living one of the best nights of my life!
How to Live Your Best Life and Life of the Party Red Carpet Recap
I partner with Warner Bros Pictures and was invited to attend the world premiere for Life of the Party, a hilarious comedy starring Melissa McCarthy, in theaters May 11. No mom should miss this…it’s one of the funniest, sweetest movies ever! This was my first time being on the red carpet with movie stars and it was so exciting! I even got to hug Melissa McCarthy! She is the cutest thing ever and made me laugh so hard in a few scenes that I had tears streaming down my face.
Melissa McCarthy plays Deanna a longtime dedicated housewife who when her husband suddenly dumps her turns regret into re-set by going back to college. She goes to the same school as her daughter, who’s not entirely sold on the idea. Plunging headlong into the campus experience, she embraces freedom and fun on her own terms, eventually finding her true self.
A few more of my favorite cast members were Maya Rudolph, who is SO FUNNY and absolutely killed it in this movie. Julie Bowen, one of my favorite actresses and who I got to meet for a quick second on the red carpet, was perfection!
Luke Benward is adorably charming in this film! Everyone was swooning over this tall dark and handsome guy at the premiere.
With all of the screaming girls, I’m pretty sure we got to see the next Hollywood heartthrob up close! If you look closely you can see him in the background of our selfie from the movie premiere after party. This was about as close as I could get through the crowds. He is super cute!!!
We’re big fans of Debby Ryan and I loved her role as the mean girl. I wish I could rock a pants suit as well as her!
Even though Life of the Party is one of those classic funny movies that I will watch over and over, it is full of many great life lessons. The movie plot got me thinking about how being the life of the party can also mean living your best life.
Are you living your best life?
Here are three questions to ask yourself right now to help get you on the right path towards the life you have always wanted.
1. What are you saying yes to?
Take out a piece of paper and write down all of the things you have said yes to in the upcoming months. Are these things allowing you to live your best life, the one you always imagined having? Or are these things that you don’t really have to do, things you might not even want to do, but say yes to anyway because that is what you feel is expected of you?
Melissa McCarthy’s character, Deanna, was the person who gave her time to everyone around her and none for herself. She thought she was happy doing it at the time, but later looks back on her life and wished she had done things differently. So many of us can relate to being that person in many aspects of life. It’s a great reminder to say yes to more things that take you towards the path of the life you really want and that it’s okay to say no to things that don’t.
Saying no to many things in my life has allowed me to focus on growing my website which gives me opportunities like walking the red carpet with some amazing digital influencers and movie stars.
2. Why are you afraid?
In the movie, Deanna was afraid of speaking in public. One of the college girls was afraid she was choosing the wrong field of study. We all probably have something that holds us back from living our best life. What is that for you? Now ask yourself why are you afraid? Knowing why can significantly help you figure out a plan of action.
Years ago, if I was made to speak in front of a large group, I would sweat like crazy and have panic attacks. My fear stemmed from worry that I would choke and look ridiculous. I knew I wasn’t living my best life by being terrified of something that would not physically hurt me. If I messed up, it would only embarrass me for a short time, so I began watching all kinds of public speaking technique videos. I then forced myself to do more public speaking. After years of practice, now I can’t imagine ever feeling nervous to talk to a group! Over the past 5 years, I have gotten to speak to hundreds of people all over the country at numerous conferences. Think of all of the people I wouldn’t have met or inspired if I had let my fear hold me back!
Remember you are strong! I bet there are certainly a few fears you can also overcome to help you live your very best life.
3. When is the last time you did something just for you?
If you are a mom, you might not be able to remember when you did something just for you! It’s okay to schedule something onto your calendar with your name on it. Making time to do more of what you enjoy is an important part of living your best life.
After waking up at 4:30 am to travel home from the movie premiere, I was drop dead exhausted. Plus, I have to get ready for a trip to Florida in a few days for my daughter’s cheer competition. I could have easily canceled my plans made months ago to attend a concert with my girlfriends last night. The movie reminded me that making time for friends was an important part of living my best life. I not only found much joy from an evening spent with friends watching a fabulous performance, but got to carry my new clutch from the premiere!
Plan to do some things just for you and add “watch Life of the Party” to your list! I promise you will laugh out loud and maybe it will also inspire you to live your best life.
Cute no-bake Gnome Donuts to celebrate Sherlock Gnomes. The new fun, family friendly movie coming to theaters on March 23! Easy recipe idea for a woodland, fairy or gnome themed party.
In Partnership with Paramount Pictures
Sherlock Gnomes Donuts and Juice
I’m a HUGE fan of garden gnomes and have just made the cutest Gnome Donuts to celebrate Sherlock Gnomes a fun, family friendly movie in theaters March 23. The trailer looks adorable and full of action, teamwork and adventure. What a perfect movie to see during spring break! I can’t wait to see this film since it inspired these fun, easy to make no-bake gnome donuts and juice! After sketching several ideas for gnome donuts, I feel like I know these movie characters inside and out.
They’re on a mission to bring every gnome home. After a string of garden gnome disappearances in London, Gnomeo & Juliet look to legendary detective Sherlock Gnomes to solve the case of their missing friends and family.
Those tiny red gnomes in the movie poster are so cute! I couldn’t wait to turn them into donuts and especially excited to create an edible Juliet. She’s my favorite character for sure! I think they turned out ADORABLE. Wouldn’t these donuts be so cute for a woodland themed “Sherlock Gnomes” party?
I love creating fun food for parties! These small Sherlock Gnomes toys show you just how bite sized the donuts are, making them the perfect snack for kids. I added colorful drinks to the bottles to serve as their outfits, but you don’t have to serve these on small bottles. They would be just as fun all alone on a plate.
How to Make Sherlock Gnome Donuts
First, you’ll need to gather your ingredients. Scroll down and print the recipe for a list of all ingredients you will need. I used Glazed Hostess Donettes for the donuts and Reese’s Puffs cereal for the noses and ears.
Cut paper into about 3”-4” squares and shape into a funnel with the bottom a little bit larger than the width of the donut. Secure with tape and trim to fit.
To make Juliet, add chocolate frosting to a decorating bag with a petal decorating tip attached. Pipe on Juliet’s hair. Stick two mini chocolate chips into the donuts sideways as eyes. The curvy tip should look like eye lashes. Add a tiny dot of white icing to a candy lip and place on the donut.
Squeeze some white icing into a small bowl and add a few drops of yellow. Mix well. With a knife, add yellow icing onto a donut for his hair. Attach a piece of cereal with icing as his nose. Insert two mini chocolate chips for eyes. Pipe on his beard with white icing.
Cut the edges off of a piece of cereal to make his nose. Attach with icing. Insert two mini chocolate chips for eyes. Pipe on his beard with white icing. Add cereal ears and chocolate sideburns. For Sherlock’s hat, cut a curved portion out of the front of the hat and bend. Place on top of donuts.
Add colorful drinks to milk bottles and place donuts on the rim. Add straws, gnome hats and serve!
These little gnome guys are easy to make!
I hope you got some fun party inspiration from today’s Gnome Donuts!
Watch the Sherlock Gnomes trailer and see the movie in theaters March 23!
Cute no-bake Gnome Donuts to celebrate Sherlock Gnomes a fun, family friendly movie. Easy recipe idea for a woodland or gnome themed party.
- Mini Glazed Donuts (I used Glazed Hostess Donettes)
- Round Cereal ( I used Reese’s Puffs)
- White Decorating Icing
- Chocolate Frosting
- Yellow Food Coloring
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Lips Candy Sprinkles (Tiny Hearts will work too)
- Frosting Decorating Bag (or Zipper Bag)
- Petal Decorating Tip
- Small Milk Bottles
- Drinks in blue, red and green
- Paper Straws Straws (blue, red, green)
- Card Stock (blue, red, green)
- Juliet: Add chocolate frosting to a decorating bag with a petal decorating tip attached. Pipe on Juliet’s hair. Stick two mini chocolate chips into the donuts sideways as eyes. The curvy tip should look like eye lashes. Add a tiny dot of white icing to a candy lip and place on the donut. Set aside to dry.
- Gnomeo: Squeeze some white icing into a small bowl and add a few drops of yellow. Mix well. With a knife, add yellow icing onto a donut for his hair. Attach a piece of cereal with icing as his nose. Insert two mini chocolate chips for eyes. Pipe on his beard with white icing. Set aside to dry.
- Sherlock: Cut the edges off of a piece of cereal to make his nose. Attach with icing. Insert two mini chocolate chips for eyes. Pipe on his beard with white icing. Add cereal ears and chocolate sideburns. Set aside to dry.
Gnome Hats: Cut paper into about 3”-4” squares and shape into a funnel with the bottom a little bit larger than the width of the donut. Secure with tape and trim to fit. For Sherlock’s hat, cut a curved portion out of the front of the hat and bend.
Add colorful drinks to milk bottles and place donuts on the rim. Add straws, gnome hats and serve!