Making a recycled bottle cat container is an easy craft and a lot of fun! Learn how to repurpose shampoo bottles by turning them into cute kitty cat containers.
Sponsored by Mirum
Easy Recycled Bottle Cat Container
Recycled Bottle Cat Containers make a cute, and best of all FREE craft! I came up with this fun idea after doing a little spring cleaning.
My cat is not feeling well and living in my bathroom right now, which means I’m constantly cleaning that room for him. I found a bunch of old shampoo bottles that I started to trash, but decided to turn them into cat containers instead. I guess my cat inspired me!
Start Fresh This Spring
Spring is the perfect time to clear out your old bathroom products and start fresh! I’m writing on behalf of CVS to let you know they are having an amazing offer on various Suave products. Now is the perfect time to buy new products for the entire family! I got all of these great Suave products for less than $15.
Here’s what I got at CVS:
- Suave Powder Antiperspirant is a great 24-hour protection solid invisible deodorant!
- Suave Men’s Active Sport Body Wash for my husband. I love the fresh, manly scent with a hint of spice.
- Suave Ocean Breeze Body Wash for my daughter who loves body wash. This contains mineral-rich sea algae extract, and is infused with Vitamin E, which can help condition her dry skin.
- Suave Kids 3 in 1 Shampoo, Conditioner and Body Wash. Suave Kids 3 in 1 combines shampoo, conditioner and body wash in one quick step, perfect for kids who can’t sit still! Or for my teenage son who will only use ONE bottle. ha!
- Suave Keratin Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner for me! Did you know your hair’s natural keratin protein depletes over time, leading to frizzy and unmanageable hair. This helps restore and tame unruly strands for smoother silky hair.
Go ahead and use up and recycle those half-empty bottles with this fun cat container craft. Then head over to CVS for some great values. Right now get 2 for $6 + Buy 2 and get $2 ExtraBucks rewards with your CVS card.
How to Make a Recycled Bottle Cat Container
Now that you’ve cleaned out old bottles of shampoo, lotion and body wash. It’s time to make some cute cat containers.
I think these easy Recycled Bottle Cat Containers would be fun for a kid’s birthday party activity. Just have pre-cut bottles cut and let kids draw their own cat faces on the bottles with a sharpie.
What you’ll need:
- Shampoo, lotion or body wash bottles (Remove labels with nail polish remover)
- Exacto knife
- Sand paper (optional)
- Start by drawing a line for the head and ears with your sharpie on the front of the bottle.
- On the back, draw the cat’s tail.
- Carefully begin cutting out the cat’s ears and move towards the back towards the tail.
- Cut as much of the bottle away from the tail with the blade, then use scissors to shape everything nice and neat. If the edges are too rough or sharp, sand down with sandpaper.
- Wash out any extra product from the bottle and clean any pen marks.
- Draw a cat face and you’re done.
What Should You Do With Your Cat Container?
Here are some fun ideas for how to use your new kitty cat containers:
- Hang in shower to hold razors or face cleaner
- Use as a planter
- Hang on a wall for decor
- Pencil holders
- To store headphone and phone chargers
I hope this project inspired you to start fresh and try something new. Don’t miss the great deals for Suave at CVS!